Last Updated: 12/13/2021
Changing the password for accessing the Phoenix system is done by going to the personal portal, and then selecting the "Change password" option from the menu on the left:
You should then enter the password you currently use, as well as the new password, which you must enter your confirmation. Please note that there are some rules, as indicated on the page:
- Must be at least 10 characters long.
- You should not reuse an old password.
- It must not contain your username (excluding the @iscte-iul.pt suffix) or any of its used names, excluding particles that are less than three characters long.For example, if its name used was "Ximenes Shale", the particle "of" could appear in the password, but it could contain neither "Shale", nor "Ximenes". Note that:
- for these purposes the uppercase is considered equal to the corresponding lower case and
- any particle of your full name that is not part of your used name can be used without problems.For example, if your full name was "Zagalo Shale of Ximenes", but used only "Ximenes Shale", you could use "Zagalo" in your password.
- It must contain characters from at least three of the following categories:
- Capitals not accented ('A' to 'Z').
- Lowercase not accented ('a' to 'z').
- Decimal digits ('0' to '9').
- Non-alphanumeric characters (e.g., !, #, &, etc.).
- It must not contain characters considered illegal: |;| |,| |"| |'| |%| |*|
The feature also allows you to change the password simultaneously in the following services:
- Access to Fénix, VPN, wireless network and various other web services (e.g. to the aid system).
- Access to workstations.
- Google Apps from ISCTE-IUL.