Appreciation of the Curricular Unit
Last Updated: 03/03/2022
The appreciation of the Curricular Unit is integrated in the “RUC – Report of the Curricular Unit” and in the “RAC – Self-Assessment Report of the Course“.
The UC’s assessment is divided into the following sections:
- Degree of achievement
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Improvement actions to be implemented
- Appreciation of students
The uc’s assessment is included in the Fénix system, which is carried out by the UC coordinator taking into account the opinion of the UC teaching team.
The page of visualization and management of the appreciation of the curricular unit is located in the portal “Teaching”, in the left side menu of the area of each curricular unit.
How do I access the review page of a Curriculum Unit?
To access a UC’s review page, follow the following steps:
- Access iscte’s academic management platform in https://fenix.iscte-iul.pt
- Select the “Login Page” tab.
- Authenticate using iscte account credentials (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org and password).
- Go to the “Teaching” tab.
- Click on the “Curricular Unit” link.
- Select the “Curriculum Unit Appreciation” option in the “Curriculum Unit Reports” section in the left side menu.
Information to be inserted in the UC’s assessment
The information must be completed in Portuguese and English.
The information insertion page is divided into 5 tabs.
- Fields are numeric (between 0 and 5)
- Completion is mandatory
Degree of achievement
Completion is mandatory.
The degree of implementation of each proposal for an improvement action presented in the SWOT analysis carried out in the previous academic year may be indicated as follows:
- Implemented (to be maintained)
- Implemented (to be developed)
- Not realised
Strengths and weaknesses
Filling is optional.
Identification of the strengths and aspects to be improved in the functioning of some of the following aspects, taking into account the opinion and contributions of teachers and other relevant stakeholders (e.g., employers):
- Pedagogical innovation
- General study cycle objectives
- Internal organization and quality assurance mechanisms
- Material resources and partnerships
- Teaching and non-teaching staff
- Students and teaching/learning environments
Improvement actions to be implemented
Filling is optional.
Several proposals for improvement actions can be created. The following fields must be completed in each improvement action:
- Aspect to be improved
- Proposal for improvement
- Implementation indicator
Enter the information in English
The system allows the completion of information in Portuguese and English.
Each record must be inserted into the system only once, indicating in each field the information in Portuguese and in English, i.e. it should not be entered twice as a way of entering the text in Portuguese and In English.
By default, when the fields of introduction of information are made available, they are in the language defined in the Fénix area. After filling out, the introduction of information in English, if you are in Portuguese, it is possible to change the language in each field from “EN” to “EN“.
The language of each field is changed in the upper right corner of the field (see red boxes in the following figure). Changing the language of each field does not change the language defined in the Phoenix area.
After choosing the en option in each field, you can enter the respective English text.
For example, in the strengths and weaknesses section (shown in the figure), the information in Portuguese and English can be done as follows:
- fill in the “Strengths” and “Weaknesses” fields with the information in Portuguese (PT);
- To fill in the two fields in English it is necessary to click (in the upside arrow) in the option to change the language of each field in the upper right corner of the field and choose “EN“.
- Fill in both fields with english language information.
- Click the “Save“ button.
Change previously entered records in Phoenix only in one of the languages
(e.g., enter the English text in records that have the information in Portuguese)
Information that has been entered in the system only in one language can be changed (edited) for entering the text in the other language (no new registration should be created in the other language).
This change can be made as follows if information was initially initially entered only in Portuguese:
- Access the page with the information in Portuguese.
- In each field change the language to “EN“.
- Fill in the information in English.
- Click the “Save“ button.
Mark the information as populated
After completing the assessment of the curricular unit, it should be marked as “completed“.
The information is marked as completed is carried out in the “Information filling state” box in the “Marked as filled/unfilled” field.
This procedure allows you to query the fill state consistently so that the final version of rac can be published by the quality cabinet.
After marking the information as filled in, it is no longer possible to modify it.
However, until the RAC is in the “Blocked” state, you can clear it, change it, and then mark it again as populated.
Consult the information in both languages
(without changing the language defined in the phoenix area)
The consultation of the information of the completed fields, in one of the two languages, without changing the language defined in the phoenix area is possible, field by field, as follows:
- Access the page with the desired information, in one of the languages, for example, in Portuguese.
- Click “Edit“.
- Change the language of the desired field to “EN“.
In the example below, the “Strengths” field shows the information entered in Portuguese. To consult the English information of the “Strengths” and “Weaknesses” fields, the respective language was changed to “EN“.
The language change in the Phoenix area is done by clicking on the flags in the upper right corner of the Phoenix area, below the “Exit“ button.
Course Self-Assessment Report
RAC State Flow
Rac states are changed taking into account the following:
- Draft – State in which rac information is in fill.
- Filled in – State in which the required fill fields have been filled in and marked as filled in.
- Locked – State in which the required fill fields cannot be changed and the files . pdf for the final version of RAC can be inserted into the system by the quality cabinet.
- Pending – State in which the RAC can be published.
- Published – State in which the files (.pdf) inserted in the system are made available for consultation of the official version of the RAC.
This feature allows you to obtain the course self-assessment report (RAC) per school year.
Until the RAC is in the “published” state, the data is accounted for at the time the RAC display request is made and, taking into account that the student enrolment/registration data used in the RAC is constantly updated, the RAC viewed at each time may have different information.
This RAC consultation procedure can be time-consuming so you must wait for its end before repeating the query request.
After the publication of the RAC, by the quality office, the official version will be made available, so that it is no longer necessary to process the data at the time of its visualization.
In this procedure, the waiting time for data processing is no longer available because it is only necessary to download the available file(s).
If you would like detailed information, please contact us.