Last updated: 26/05/2022
Educast is a video management service for simple registration and distribution of academic content (classes).
The central system ensures the post-processing necessary for them to be available to students via the Internet and mobile devices, in the following delivery formats: streaming, desktop and mobile.
- Access the Educast platform at https://educast.fccn.pt/.
- Click on the “Login” button in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- Perform federated authentication (SSO) using the Iscte account credentials (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org and its password).
Videos are captured through a Recorder, which allows you to synchronously record audio, video and data.
Additionally, external videos can also be imported through a web video upload interface, present in the Educast Manager (e.g. recording a Zoom session).
After recording the videos are uploaded to the Educast Manager, where you can store, manage, administer and edit the videos submitted to the platform.
- Importing external videos via web interface or Recorder Educast
- Online video editing via browser
- Metadata customization (Title, subtitle, speaker, location, date, description, tags)
- Creating chapters for key moments of presentation
- Branding customization (cover image, header image, pre-roll video)
- Multi-format export to the web and mobile devices
The final video delivery formats (streaming, desktop and mobile) can be easily downloaded, viewed and shared via the web.
- Internet and intranet
- Social Networks
- LMS (Learning Management Systems)
- Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas and Sakai