Auditorium with Videoconferencing System
Last updated: 2022-12-26
These auditoriums are prepared for classes and other events in a hybrid environment (with local and remote participants).
They are distinguished from the others by the following features:
- 1 Control system
- 1 PTZ Camera
- Video projection is in HDMI
Similar to the other Iscte auditoriums:
- The videoconferencing system uses the microphones in the auditorium.
- The videoconferencing system uses the auditorium’s amplification.
B1.03 B1.04 C1.03 C1.04 Ferreira de Almeida (B2.03) Juan Mozzicafreddo (B2.04)
1 – Connecting Cables 2 – Control System
- The connection of the computers to the video projection system is ensured by an HDMI cable.
- The connection of computers to the video conferencing system is ensured by a USB cable. For best performance, the laptop must be plugged in.
The control system allows:
- Turn the videoprojector on and off
- Turn the IP video camera on and off
- Switch between 4 pre-defined shooting scenarios (presets)
- Control the speaker volume
- Optical Zoom: 30X
- Image sensor: 1/2.8 inch (High Quality HD CMOS sensor)
- Effective pixels: 2.07MP, 16:9
- Video Format: HDMI
- Vision Angle: 6.3°(tele) 72.5°(wide)
The control system allows you to select 1 of 4 preset shooting scenarios.
P1 – Film the front of the classroom (teacher’s desk + whiteboards)
P2 – Film the teacher’s desk
P3 – Shoot the left whiteboard
P34 – Shoot the right whiteboard
- If necessary, turn on the classroom desktop.
- Open the support materials (audio, video, presentations).
- If necessary, turn on the video projector using the control system.
- If necessary, turn on the PTZ camera using the control system.
- If necessary, open the Zoom client or access the platform via web browser (https://videoconf-colibri.zoom.us/) performing federated authentication (SSO) with the Iscte account credentials (e.g., xxnes and respective password).
- Check the microphone ().
- Check the speaker ().
- Check the camera ().
- Choose the preset using the control system.
- If so, start a previously scheduled class and the link of which was sent to the students.
- At the end of the lesson or meeting, end the zoom session, terminate all applications (e.g., powerpoint) or open sessions on platforms (e.g., mail, onedrive, phoenix, e-learning).
- Turn off the PTZ camera using the control box button.
- Turn off the video projector using the control box button.