Last updated: 2022-11-04
The Fénix platform allows Iscte users (students, faculty, staff and candidates) to access several services and features.
- Open a browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera…)
- Navigate to https://fenix.iscte-iul.pt/
- Consult the public information.
- To access the other portals, click on the “Login Page” tab.
- Authenticate using iscte account credentials (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org and password).
Competence unit: Name used when a teaching unit is created in the Fénix system, anchored in a scientific area and without also integrating any curriculum of a course. When it is associated with a curriculum of a course it takes the designation of curricular unit.
Curricular unit: According to DL No. 74/2006, it is a teaching unit with its own training objectives that is the subject of administrative registration and evaluation translated into a final classification.
Implementation unit: Refers to the execution of a curricular unit in a certain academic period, when associated with a curriculum of a course. For example, the curricular unit “Introduction to Informatics“, in the 1st semester, of the 1st curricular year of the Degree in Telecommunications and Informatics Engineering, of the academic year 2012/2013.
Shift: A shift is a set of classes of a certain type (laboratory, theoretical, theoretical-practical, etc.). during the academic period of a curricular unit.