Collaboration and Knowledge
Last Updated: 2022-11-04
Members of the Iscte community have at their disposal a varied set of collaboration and knowledge tools.
The b-on (online knowledge library) provides scientific and academic communities, including students, professors and researchers from research institutions and higher education, with unlimited and permanent access to thousands of journals and ebooks from some of the leading providers of international scientific content.
Since the access control of the contents is validated by IP address, navigation must be carried out from the Iscte network. That is, outside of Iscte installations, you need to connect the VPN.
Service site Find out more about b-on
FCCN’s Colibri service is a video conferencing service that is available to all RCTS-owned institutions.
Based on the Zoom video conferencing system, it supports up to 300 participants per session and can be used from any computer or mobile device (Wndows, MacOSX, Linux, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Zoom rooms and H.323/SIP systems).
Service site Find out more about Colibri/Zoom
Educast is a video management service for simple registration and distribution of academic content (classes).
The central system guarantees the post-processing necessary for them to be available to students over the Internet, in the following delivery formats: streaming, desktop and mobile.
Service site Find out more about Educast
Application that allows users to temporarily send and store large files.
- Maximum number of email recipients: 100 (email addresses should be separated by point and comma).
- Time available to download the file: maximum 30 days (after this date the files are deleted and no security copy is made).
- Number of files to send: 1 (you can compress multiple files into a single type 7zip, zip, rar, and others).
- Maximum file upload size: 100 GB.
Service site Find out more about Filesender
Online education and training platform for large audiences.
It allows knowledge producers to be approached to citizens in general, either in order to improve their own services or to make information more easily available to citizens.
Service site Find out more about NAU
The Iscte intranet, called MyIscte, is reserved for its workers (teachers, researchers and technicians).
Service site Find out more about My Iscte
Online courses of the Laboratory of Languages and Transversal Skills of Iscte.
Available to all users with valid Iscte account and external users with a Google or Microsoft account.
Service site View available courses Find out more about Online Learning
Educast_Recorder4 (Mac OS Mountain Lion or superior)
Educast_Recorder3 (Mac OS Lion)
Educast_Recorder2 (Mac OS Snow Leopard)
Service site Find out more about Educast Recorders
Videocast lets you stream video, audio and slides in real time through a simple web page. It may also include chat, twitter and controlled access from users.
- Live event streaming
- Support page for the creation and management of a video broadcast
- Customization of presentation layout
- Video integration, presentation and chat
- Automatic transcoding for mobile formats
- Sharing on social networks
- Real-time access and monitoring statistics
- Keyword-driven access
- RCTSaai federated authentication
Service site Find out more about Videocast