Iscte’s wireless network service covers much of the campus and is accessible via eduroam and ISCTE-IUL-Guest.
Eduroam (Education Roaming) is a mobility service developed for the international education and research community.
This service guarantees secure Internet access to students, faculty, researchers and institutional staff, via the wireless network of their home institution or any affiliated institution they are visiting.
This means that whether at their home institution or visiting other institutions, users have secure access with their usual login.
Eduroam is uninterrupted and secure Wi-Fi access worldwide.
In Portugal, the integration in the eduroam network is guaranteed to all institutions that have a connection to the RCTS network, as is the case of Iscte.
Consult the list of adherent institutions here.
On newer devices, eduroam configuration is automatic by simply putting in the Fenix username and password.
You can also use the automatic CAT Eduroam installer.
If necessary, set the generic wireless network configuration parameters with the values shown in the table below.
|Type of EAP Method||PEAP ou TTLS|
|Phase 2 Authentication||MSCHAPv2|
|CA Certificate||Não Validar|
|Password||Password associated to the Iscte account|
The ISCTE-IUL-Guest network is intended for Iscte visitors without access to eduroam. Iscte employees (teachers, researchers and technical staff) can consult the password, which is changed weekly, in the “Employee” tab of Fénix.
- The Iscte employees (teachers, researchers and technical staff), can consult the password, which is changed weekly, in the “Employee” tab of Fénix.
- Access the Fénix platform at https://fenix.iscte-iul.pt
- Access the tab “Login Page”.
- Authenticate using your Iscte account credentials (such as email@example.com and its password).
- Access the Employee (“Funcionário”) tab.
- View the week’s password in the “Consulta de Password” option in the “WIFI ISCTE-IUL Guest” section on the left side menu.