Last Updated: 23/07/2021
Microsoft's "Remote desktop connection" app allows you to remotely access Windows computers located on iscte installations.
Before leaving Iscte
- Write down the name (hostname) and IP of the Iscte computer.
- Do not turn off Iscte's computer.
How to call?
Use the Microsoft Remote desktop connection application to connect to your Iscte computer.
- Open the "Remote Desktop Connection" app.
- Place the IP of the Iscte machine in the "Computer" field and authenticate using the Iscte credentials, in the format: IULxxnes (like the Ximenes Shale user, whose user name is email@example.com).
On computers with older installations, if you fail to authenticate above, use iscte credentials in the format: ISCTExxnes (for the example of user Xisto Ximenes, whose username is firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click "Connect".
- Click "Yes".
How to get the PC IP?
- In the taskbar, select the Ethernet Network icon > the Ethernet network connection (in this example, contoso.com).
- Under "Ethernet", select the Ethernet network connection.
- Under "Properties," look for the IP address listed next to the IPv4 address.
If you would like detailed information, please contact us.