Last Updated: 26/03/2022
In teleworking the devices and means of connectivity are not in the Infrastructure of Iscte and for this reason attention should be redoubled.
Moving Iscte Worstation to Home
Before moving the Iscte workstation to home, the employee must obtain the proper authorization of the person responsible for the service.
This should forward the request to the SIIC by completing the form provided here.
Workers who do not have their workstation administration privileges (desktop or laptop) must request vpn setup before moving their equipment home.
If the workstation is a desktop computer, they must request a network cable for internet access at home, because iscte desktop computers do not have a wireless network card.
Through vpn it is possible to access from anywhere services only available on iscte’s internal network.
Rerouting phone calls
Requests for rerouting of telephone calls must be made by the person responsible for the service.
See the configuration manuals of the VoIP softphones of Iscte here.
In teleworking all recommendations for the use of computer media in face-to-face work are also applicable.
[expand title=”Below is a summary of the main recommendations“]
- It is necessary to ensure exclusivity of use. If there is no such possibility, different usage profiles must be ensured.
- Antivirus and programs update in general.
- Automatic session lock.
- Do not frequent pirated and derivative streaming sites.
- Use different passwords for personal and work accounts.
Networks and Connectivity
- Use home network connectivity. Avoid using public space connectivity.
- Do not use commercial VPN services to connect to Organization resources (e.g. Nordvpn).
For more details, the National Cybersecurity Center provides, on its page on best practices, a set of security suggestions that should be taken into account in the context of work from home. [/expand]
[expand title=”What are the best practices in video calling? “]
It is important to have a place, preferably with light and with the necessary equipment and conditions for video call meetings.